Saturday, March 14, 2015

Things I have seen in my first half-week


1.       TB meningitis

2.       CNS lymphoma/toxoplasmosis

3.       HIV

4.       Necrotic diabetic foot infections

5.       Pelvic abscesses

6.       DVT/PE

7.       Probable metastatic  breast cancer (with classic peau d’orange appearance)

8.       Multiple cases of likely lung cancer

9.       Pneumonia

10.   PCP

11.   Pulmonary TB

12.   Acute coronary syndrome

13.   Congestive Heart Failure

14.   Diabetes

15.   Hypertension

16.   Viral meningitis

17.   Severe septic shock

18.   Benign euthyroid goiter approximately 7-8 inches in diameter causing airway deviation

19.   Status epilepticus in an adult male with congenital hydrocephalus s/p shunt->brain abscess->osteo of the frontal bone-> removal of the bone->large defect in the head permanently->seizures

20.   Insterstial lung disease

21.   Septic shock secondary to abdominal abscess in a woman 16 weeks pregnant

22.   Stroke

23.   Diabetic leg ulcers

24.   Severe electrical burns

25.   Dental abscess with facial swelling

26.   Liver failure

27.   Hepatic encephalopathy

28.   Renal failure

29.   Pulmonary hypertension

30.   Septic joint infections

As you can see, it is a myriad of common internal medicine, infectious disease paradise, and very late presentations of disease unseen in the US. I’m sure the list will continue to grow…but I just wanted you all to be reassured that I am learning lots! Thanks for your support and prayers as I try to stretch my brain and depend on the Lord to teach me what I need to know about this intricate human body he created!

P.S. Find attached this picture of the sunset over the Rift Valley that Scott took while I was attending in the ER! J

No comments:

Post a Comment